Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kale Krisps

So easy ... so yummy ... so healthy!

Two ingredients:
1 - kale
2 - cheddar

Remove stems from a bunch of kale -- a big bunch! These will disappear fast!

How to de-stem kale? Hold a leaf by the stem in left hand with the leaf facing up. Using your right hand, pinch it lightly around the stem & slide it quickly from the bottom of the leafy part to the top. You'll be left with just the stem in your left hand. Toss out the stem, I tried putting it into a stir-fry this evening -- that was not good, the stems were too woody and we ended up discarding them in our plates.

Tear the greens into bite size pieces. Place a parchment on a cookie sheet. Spread the kale greens evenly on the cookie sheet. Then sprinkle grated cheddar over the greens and bake -- I baked mine @ 400 degrees today for about 15 minutes. I will try a slower oven -- that may give the crispy effect, but it would also maintain the integrity of the kale because of the lower heat.

Serve warm. These were gone in a flash and my boys were asking for more! I didn't even get a picture -- I will post one here though first chance I get.

Try it. You'll love it too, I'm pretty sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment