Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dill

Don't know what to do with dill every week? Freeze it for winter use in soups, use it to make Dill Mashed Potatoes like Jennifer did (yummy, one of our favorites too!) or dry it on a cookie sheet in the hot summer sun on the south side of your home. Then crush it and press it through a sieve. Store in a small recycled jar with a self-seal lid. Wha-lah, dill weed to add to dips and sauces.

Our favorite Dill Dip gets rave reviews from family and friends whenever I serve it:

Dill Dip

1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup whipped dressing or mayonnaise
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Mix well. Keeps a week or so in the fridge. Use as a dip for fresh veggies or with Baked Zuchinni (watch for that post coming soon).

1 comment:

  1. mmmm---that dip sounds very similar to the dip I made for my beet buns.

    Have you tried honey-dill sauce? It is fantastic on chicken. I mix about 2/3 parts mayo to 1/3 part honey, add a splash of lemon juice, and a handful of dill. Sometimes I add more honey if I want it sweeter. It is so, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete